[Alpine-info] Advice needed: what SMTP server would work?

Riku Virtanen rvi at sci.fi
Sun Apr 24 09:56:01 PDT 2022

Hi all,

I have an issue with SMTP server and log in requirement.

Currently, my smtp setting is
smtp.gmail.com/ssl/user=myusername at gmail.com/auth=xoauth2

Every time I log into a new wifi network, in a hotel, in train etc, I have to
open a Internet browser and log into gmail, or I cannot send my emails via
Alpine. This (log in process) is a problem when I normally use only command line
prompt, and the log into Gmail need to do in startx.

Is there any free email provider with smtp support which works without such log
in requirement?

Regards,
Riku