[Alpine-info] Strip attachments from sent-mail

dan d. dandunfee at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 07:33:06 PDT 2022

I strip attachments from a mailbox to reduce text clutter using a screen reader. You can adapt this below method to your needs.

First I save all messages with the '+a+a+s key combination to a mailbox I created for the purpose. Then in the body of a message using
'+a+a+e export to a file of choice. In that exported file; which works exactly like any mailbox; the attachments and any rellated text in the
body of the message are stripped.

On Fri, 1 Jul 2022, Simon Harrison wrote:

> Hello list. Does anyone know of a simple way to strip attachments from

> sent-mail? Either through Alpine or some other means. I'm using Maildir

> by the way.

> Thanks,

> Simon

ent-