[Alpine-info] gmail issues help request

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Fri Jun 10 16:40:25 PDT 2022

Dear gajs-f0el,

if you can't remember your master password, there is no way to recover
it. Which means that you have rendered your password file useless. If you
think it is not worth trying to recall it and you prefer to restart from
scratch, then you need to do two things:

1) remove your password file; and,
2) remove the certificate used to encrypt it. You can do this with the
command

rm -rf ~/.alpine-smime/.pwd

Then execute the command

touch your_password_file

to create an empty password file. Everything else will happen
automatically after that. I hope that will help you get on the good path
to authenticate in Gmail.

--
Eduardo