[Alpine-info] Cannot use OAuth2 authorize method

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Thu Oct 6 18:58:30 PDT 2022

On Thu, 6 Oct 2022, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> I'm trying to use the OAuth2 authorize method, but after signing in I get:

> Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.

> AADSTS50011: The redirect URI 'http://localhost' specified in the

> request does not match the redirect URIs configured for the application

> 'f21dcaf2-8020-469b-8135-343bfc35d046'. Make sure the redirect URI sent

> in the request matches one added to your application in the Azure

> portal. Navigate to https://aka.ms/redirectUriMismatchError to learn

> more about how to fix this.

Dear Orion,

The client-id you are using was the one I registered, and that was
registered to use the Device flow, and you are trying to use it with the
Authorize flow. That is the problem. You need to use a client-id that is
configured to use the Authorize flow. If you want to use the Authorize
flow take a look the following page

https://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~jacobd/posts/2022/03/configure-mutt-to-work-with-oauth-20/

--
Eduardo