[Alpine-info] Cannot compile alpine 2.26 on Fedora 36

Iosif Fettich ifettich at netsoft.ro
Mon Oct 31 06:13:20 PDT 2022

Hi there once more,

just to answer my own question.

The solution apparently was to install ncurses-devel:

# dnf install ncurses-devel

Afther this, I was able to /configure and make without errors and I get

$ ./alpine/alpine -v
Alpine 2.26 (LFD 649 2022-06-02) built Mon Oct 31 15:06:25 EET 2022 on pony.netsoft.ro

So all is well so far, thank you.

Iosif Fettich