[Alpine-info] Sudenly, a rule doesn't work.

Carlos E. R. robin.listas at telefonica.net
Mon Aug 7 12:25:16 PDT 2023

On 2023-06-25 13:38, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> On Sunday, 2023-06-25 at 11:45 +0100, Dennis Davis wrote:

>> On Fri, 23 Jun 2023, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> And suddenly, today it fails:

>>> [full text search not supported]

>>> Is there something I can do?

>>> It is a gmx.es account.

>> Long shot: if this is an IMAP account, the following option on the

>> INBOX/Folder specification might help:

> Yes, it is IMAP.

>> Loser

>> This option makes sense only for IMAP servers that do not

>> perform a SEARCH command correctly. If your filtering rules fail

>> to filter some messages, that should have been filtered, then

>> this option will make Alpine download all data necessary data

>> to perform that search. There is a performance penalty when

>> using this option. Downloading the data to perform the search

>> will take longer than requesting the IMAP server to perform the

>> filtering, but the filtering will be done correctly.

> AH!

> Trying now.

> incoming-folders=...

> "imap Gmx L" {imap.gmx.com/tls/user=myname at gmx.es/loser}INBOX,

> Yes, the filter runs significantly slower, but it runs. Opening the

> folder seems as fast as always.

So now I have a second instance of alpine, with a different config file.
The main one has:

> incoming-folders="...

> "imap Gmx L" {imap.gmx.com/tls/user=me at gmx.es}INBOX,

and the alternate one, started via:

alpine -p /home/cer/.pinerc-gmx

has:

> "imap F Gmx L" {imap.gmx.com/tls/user=me at gmx.es/loser}INBOX,

This has been working since this post, but today it fails again.

[full text search not supported]

I restart this alpine, and it works again.

:-?

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.