[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sat Dec 2 15:00:21 PST 2023

D.J.J. Ring, Jr. said on Fri, 1 Dec 2023 11:43:39 -0500

>Yes, but that's a user solution. Most of the people affected by this

>Master Password problem are computer novices.

>They absolutely NEED a simple mail solution that works in text mode,

>that will open with a command, that will save their application

>specific password - or better yet, have a simple to use oauth2

>solution - saved in a .pine-passfile file.

>Right now, most are sadly transferring to mutt from alpine with regrets

>because alpine they believe is easier to use, but the Master Password

>is a deal breaker.

Am I reading this whole thread right? People are switching email
clients, jumping through all sorts of hoops, and having panic attacks
so they can work with Gmail? If that's so, the problem isn't Alpine or
disabilities, it's Gmail. Google keeps making their email more and more
difficult, I think in order to kill email so they can insert themselves
proprietarily in some kind of "social media".

If I'm correct that this mess is all about Gmail, there's an easy
solution: Ditch Gmail.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21