[Alpine-info] Seeking someone who..?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Dec 3 15:27:59 PST 2023

Eduardo Chappa said on Sun, 3 Dec 2023 15:39:47 -0700 (MST)

>On Sun, 3 Dec 2023, Lucio Chiappetti wrote:

>> [...]

>> I am quite concerned about the moves of gmail moving away from IMAP

>> sometimes next year. I am seeking solutions ...

>IMAP will continue to be supported by Gmail, what will not be

>supported is that you use username/password authentication. Instead

>you will have to set up Oauth2, which you can do with Alpine.

Can Fetchmail do oauth2? Does any Fetchmail substitute (getmail, for
instance) do Oauth2? If not, this dispossesses people like me, who
download email messages independently of their email client.

So once again I ask, if you have the power to make the decision, do you
really want to jump through all the hoops Gmail puts in front of you?

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21