[Alpine-info] Maildir folder-collection

Paolo Andretta andretta at apf.it
Sat Dec 23 12:55:16 PST 2023

On Fri, 22 Dec 2023, Carlos E. R. wrote:

>>> Then, why are you trying to tell alpine to access the files directly,

>>> instead of using dovecot?

>> I was supposing Alpine is using dovecot to access the folders (it

>> authenticate on startup), but probably there is some path/prefix that need

>> to be configured. And I can't find the configuration that give me a normal

>> operanting situation.

> You just tell Alpine the imap server and folder to use, same as with any

> external mail server. Not the local path.

> Example:

> folder-collections="local imap" {localhost/novalidate-cert/user=YOURSER}[],

If I go to Folder list I get

INBOX[.] sent-mail[.] 231221[.] Sent[.] dead_letter[.] mail[.]

Similar result of using:

folder-collections="Locali" #mc/Maildir/.[]

That give:

INBOX sent-mail 231221 Sent dead_letter mail[.]

A little better ...

My only problem is tjhat I want the folder collection that are accessible
from "mail[.]" and are in ~/Maildir visualized in the main folder list.
Also, Alpine is creating The new folders in ~ (home), instead than in
~/Maildir, an it is creating it in mbox format.

--

Thanks,
Paolo