[Alpine-info] "syntax error in sequence"

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Wed Feb 15 14:24:10 PST 2023

On Wed, 15 Feb 2023, Paul wrote:

> Once every week or two, when I send a reply (via a remote SMTP server),

> Alpine 2.25 tells me "Syntax error in sequence" after the send finishes.

You can track SMTP issues by enabling

[X] Enable Verbose SMTP Posting

then repeat the issue, and once you have repeated it go to the main
screen, press J D 9 to set the debug level to 9, and look for the word
"EHLO" reading from that point will tell you the transaction between
Alpine and the SMTP server. Hopefully that will be enough to figure out
the issue. If you need help, let me know.

--
Eduardo