[Alpine-info] rhs timeout issue?

Deke Clinger dclinger at qualcomm.com
Mon Jan 2 23:08:46 PST 2023

Hi,

Guessing you meant 'rsh' but typed 'rhs'. To disable rsh in the settings menu find the option named "Rsh Open Timeout" and set the value to zero.

This is described in comments in the .pinerc (that you mentioned you can't get to):

# Sets the time in seconds that Pine will attempt to open a UNIX remote
# shell connection. The default is 15, min is 5, and max is unlimited.
# Zero disables rsh altogether.
rsh-open-timeout=0

Regards,

-Deke