[Alpine-info] invalid_grant error AADSTS70043: expired or invalid refresh token

Brad Chamberlain bradford.chamberlain at hpe.com
Tue Jul 18 10:08:42 PDT 2023

Hi Eduardo —

Thanks for the tips! I guess I didn't say in my original message, but
when the failure originally occurred (upon running 'alpine'), the reason
for the failure was completely unclear. It just said something vague like
"unable to open INBOX" or the like.

It was only when trying to manually reopen the INBOX as you describe that
I was able to see the more detailed error message and copy-paste it into
my queries here.

I kept hoping that I'd eventually get the device login prompt and web
redirect if I waited long enough or restarted enough times or tried
reopening it enough times, but I never did. It was only when re-running
with the '-erase_stored_passwords' flag that I was offered the chance to
do a new device login / get a new token from Outlook.

If I were to get into this situation again, are there other ways to force
getting a new refresh token other than using that flag, or did I end up
finding the best practice?

Thanks again!
-Brad