[Alpine-info] Problems with Alpine/Parallels/MacOS, please help

Matt Ackeret mattack at apple.com
Thu Jun 29 15:41:44 PDT 2023

> On Jun 28, 2023, at 5:13 AM, UMR IBIMA Sekretariat <ibima-sekretariat at uni-rostock.de> wrote:

> I hope to obtain advice, using Alpine in a Parallels virtual machine, running MacOS inside MacOS.

> All software versions are the most recent ones; fresh installations as of June 2023.

This doesn't actually answer your question AT ALL I admit..

But why don't you just run alpine "natively" on the Mac itself? I do it all the time (like right now). (I am typing THiS in Mail, which I run alongside alpine.. each has its own benefits)

Basically, what are you trying to accomplish by running it in a VM?