[Alpine-info] reply from "To:" Address iff recognized

Erich Eckner alpine at eckner.net
Fri Mar 17 05:00:08 PDT 2023

Hi,

I use multiple addresses under my domain for different purposes (as one
might guess, when looking at the one, that I'm writing this email from).
When hastily replying to an email, I sometimes forget to set the correct
"From:" address and alpine picks my default address instead.

Is there an option to make the reply default from the original To/Cc
address, which is recognized as my own? If no such address is recognized,
I'm fine with the current behaviour.

Example:

1: I reply to a mail sent to addresses A, B, C. A is one of my own and
recognized by alpine as such (i.e. the mail is marked with a "+" in the
list view). When replying, I would now have address A set as the "From:"
address of the mail.

2: I reply to a mail sent to addresses B and C only, none of which is
recognized as my own. Alpine should just pick my default address, then.

In case, multiple addresses are recognized, I don't actually care too
much, whether alpine picks any of them or whether it picks my default
address.

regards,
Erich