[Alpine-info] quick alpine filtering question?

Milt Epstein mepstein at illinois.edu
Thu May 18 11:49:10 PDT 2023

I'd think most anything you can do/could have done in pine, you can do
in alpine -- similarly if not exactly.

To select messages, while in the message index, you can use ':' to
select a particular message, the one you're on (and you can use ':'
repeatedly to select multiple messages -- if you're on a previously
selected message, ':' will unselect it), or you can use ';' to select
messages based on a certain criterion (it will ask you what criterion
to use).

Once you have your messages selected you can do 'A' (to apply an
aggregate command, i.e., to all the selected message), then 'S' to
save to a folder. There are various ways to specify the folder.

Each screen you're on will have a few lines of help down at the bottom
(the command's keystroke and its name), and you can use 'O' to show
different lines of help.

Milt Epstein
mepstein at illinois.edu