[Alpine-info] Signing with S/MIME.

Eduardo Chappa alpine.chappa at yandex.com
Sat Nov 18 07:14:21 PST 2023

On Fri, 17 Nov 2023, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> I have S/MIME configured in Thunderbird.

> What are the steps to transfer or copy my key or certificate from

> Thunderbird to Alpine?

> The certificate I have has the extension .p12. I tried copying the file

> to ~/.alpine-smime/private, but alpine says it doesn't find any

> certificate for signing.

Dear Carlos,

from the main screen, press "?", and search for S/MIME, then press
"Return" to read general help on S/MIME. This will take you to the
following link x-alpine-help:h_mainhelp_smime, which you can follow
directly if you are reading this message with Alpine. That link will tell
you all you need to know, including what to do with your .p12 certificate.

--
Eduardo