[Alpine-info] Diagnostics for timeout problem?

Georg Fuellen fuellen at uni-rostock.de
Sat Oct 14 07:21:54 PDT 2023

Dear All,

Out of a sudden, I'm facing lots of timeout problems when accessing an IMAP mailbox;
sometimes the "No reply in 15 seconds from server xxxxx. Break connection?"
starts before I can even read the first message. Sometimes it takes a few minutes until problems appear.
It seems that no configurations were changed recently, and network connectivity is excellent while the timeouts happen.
How can I find out where the problem may originate from?
Do you have any suggestions which fixes I may try?

Thanks a lot in advance!
georg