[Alpine-info] remote address book

Peter Koellner peter at asgalon.net
Thu Sep 7 10:42:45 PDT 2023

Hi!

I am using alpine on a couple of different machines, one is a MacBook
Pro, one Air and one Devuan Linux.
For some reason, the remote address book on the linux machine differs
from the ones on the apples. I had added some entry there, which does
not show up when I start alpine on the linux machine. I have now
running the same version 2.26 on both. The address book location look
identical. The only difference I see is that on the linux system,
under setup/config/normally hidden... there is an entry "Last Version
Used" = 6.26 which I don't have on the apples. Probably has nothing to
do with this. The user home directory
on the apples goes back to an original mbp from 2006, the home
directory on the linux machine is probably derived from the same around 2012,
which goes back to a copy of the last common ancestor from 2005 or so,
so basic set of inherited rc files should be more or less the same. I
occasionally do have difficulties with the addressbook on other
machines after I added some entry on either the linux or one of the
macs, not exactly sure under what conditions. The remote addressbook
server and folder path is exactly the same on all machines, the alpine
-p alias are identical with the same remote_pinerc url. AAny ideas
what is happening there?

Regards
Peter