[Alpine-info] Inbox Zero with Alpine, anyone ?

Xavier Maillard x at maillard.im
Wed Sep 13 20:30:48 PDT 2023

Hi Steve,

On Wed, 13 Sep 2023, Steve Litt wrote:

> Xavier Maillard said on Tue, 12 Sep 2023 06:02:27 +0200 (CEST)

>> On Mon, 11 Sep 2023, Simon Harrison wrote:

>>> Today, I have a different approach which I find works really well for

>>> me: Multiple mailboxes

>> I see but what's the purpose of storing mails.

> Yesterday I needed to know how long I'd been doing business with a

> specific customer, so I went back in my emails and found the earliest

> correspondence with them, which was 2007. Thanks to my saving most

> non-spam emails, I can get back in touch with people I haven't spoken

> to in years. I'm a member of over 20 Linux User Groups, with each group

> having its own folder, so I can look back and see various things. By

> storing emails from my friends, I can look back and see what we were

> talking about a few months ago. Deleting all my email, or even most of

> my email, would completely uproot the way I conduct my business and

> personal life.

Got it. I do it quite differently. Each time I am interacting with people,
I just update his "file" with that infos. Once again, that's my approach
to doing mails right now. Before that I would happily let the mail inside
my INBOX (the client file update would have been updated the same way
though)

>> In 30 years, I can count on the fingers on my two hands the number of

>> times I needed to search/access an archived message, making the whole

>> purpose of storing/archiveing pretty unnecessary.

>> Inbox zero is for me to regain control of my mailbox with good and

>> simple habits.

> You and I have very different workflow patterns.

Exactly. The most important thing is to do what works for us.

--
Xavier