[Alpine-info] Folders-and-Other Strange Items?

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Feb 5 18:47:05 PST 2024

Hi All: For quite some time, I have had the following strange things happen in
Alpine.
#1 For many weeks on Mondays-and-Thursdays around 625AM when my system must be
running a cron job, I would get dozens of these messages which said

From: Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon at chime.lan>
Subject: Message frozen

Message 1qd9O4-006t63-0m has been frozen (delivery error message).
The sender is <>.

The following address(es) have yet to be delivered:
bounce-65022_HTML-646632331-83081-514007347-547482 at bounce.g.s11.pdmailservice.com: Mailing to remote domains not supported
An only way I could stop them was to go in another folder where some mail was
arriving-and-delete them.
#2 Related, there were always 2 mail items which seemingly caused this.
#3 I get mail through fastmail via imap. Seemingly mail first ends up in a
folder called "fastmail" eventually getting to my regular inbox, where my TCSH
prompt informs how many items are in there.
#4 All-of-a-sudden mail was only ending up in a fast mail folder, but if I left
that folder opened long enough, I get several dupicate messages as well as this
strange error which rings the bell
[NULL ice in paint_index_line: reg index, msgno=1 line=0]
When I type "fetchmail --ssl" it mentions an accurate message total, but of
course useing messages will not because they are still in a fastmail folder.
O, boy, this is getting to be longer than our rain event. Anyway, can folks
please suggest what ajustments I need to get things back to normal?
Thanks so much in advance. This is Debian SID with the latest Alpine
Chime