[Alpine-info] Gmail move to trash behaves strange.

Matthias Rieber ml-alpine at zu-con.org
Thu Jan 4 09:03:26 PST 2024

Hello!

On Thu, 4 Jan 2024, Karen Lewellen wrote:

> what a timely question!

> I was about to post asking how to get a gmail inbox set up via imap with

> alpine to move anything at all to trash.

> Can you share how you are getting anything to move, even if not in

> gmail? Kare

not sure I if I get this question right. I assume you've already enabled
imap in gmail? If not, check 'Q. Can I use imapsync to transfer from or to
Gmail accounts?' question in

https://imapsync.lamiral.info/FAQ.d/FAQ.Gmail.txt

To finally delete mails you have to move (or copy) them from the 'All
mails' folder to Trash. When the mails are located in the trash folder you
can do the usually delete/expunge and the mails will be gone forever.

Matthias