[Alpine-info] what happened to ^W^X (delete rest of text)?

Rob Wolfcon r.wolf.conf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 04:59:03 PDT 2024

(once more sending, this time to mailing list for all, not only for Carlos :-) )

On Wed, 13 Mar 2024, Carlos E. R. wrote:

> > I'm using Alpine 2.26 from Fedora Linux's repo.

> > When composing a message, I used to be able to type ^W^X to delete from

> > the current position to the end of the message.

> > I admit that the sequence was quite odd: how does ^W (Whereis) logically

> > encompass "delete from here on"? But I got used to that feature.

> > In a recent update, the feature disappeared (or became disabled).

> > Can I re-enable it?

> > Common sense says that ^^ (mark) and ^K (delete from mark to current

> > position) is a better choice, but my fingers know ^W^X.

> Interesting, it deletes all except the signature. I might find this useful :-)

Hello,

this is a patch

https://alpineapp.email/alpine/info/DelText.html

It's included in patched version https://alpineapp.email/alpine/info/all.html
or you can apply this patch yourself.

And yes, it deletes the text to the end or to the signature begin :-) (as
described on the patch page).

Regards,

Robert.