[Rosebowl] QB situation

Chris L. Johnson chrislj at microsoft.com
Mon Aug 15 10:17:24 PDT 2005

Thanks for the update Max!!

-----Original Message-----
From: rosebowl-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu
[mailto:rosebowl-bounces at mailman1.u.washington.edu] On Behalf Of Max
Waugh
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 10:11 AM
To: rosebowl at u.washington.edu
Subject: RE: [Rosebowl] QB situation

Ha.  Interesting question...  I'd be surprised if TW would be willing to

pull the starter that quickly, but it might depend on how close the
competition really is during camp.  Supposedly, we can expect the
starter to
be named by next week.  Most folks expect it to be Stanback at this
point,
since he's seeing the most time with the first team.  While Durocher was

thought to be the closest competition, Bonnell is getting more looks
these
days.  The coaches are hinting they'd prefer to go with someone more
agile,
and Stanback and Bonnell definitely fit that bill.

In other news, Taylor Mays, the WR/S from O'Dea who was one of the top
recruits on the West Coast, verballed to USC yesterday.  Mays, whose
father
played for the Huskies, also strongly consider UW and Michigan.  Can't
win
'em all I guess.

Still out there is Steve Schilling, Bellevue's top-rated O-lineman.  His

decision may not come until after the season.  Schilling favors UW, Cal,
$C
and Michigan.  Also, the Dawgs are getting a lot of interest from SoCal
linebacker/running back (ranked by some as the #1 prospect at LB in the
country) Allen Bradford, who came up here on an unofficial road trip
visit
with some of his fellow recruits.  He indicates he'll be scheduling an
official visit here, and as of now doesn't seem to be showing much
interest
in $C or UCLA (surprisingly).

Max

>From: bbhoard at comcast.net
>
>Does anybody think that we will have the same starting QB for both the
Air