[Rosebowl] Returning to those Lambright/Linehan years?

Gregory Fisher gsfisher at alaska.net
Fri Feb 10 06:17:59 PST 2006

I don't know but I think the Huskies may just rebound this year.  We have 12 games.  I would call a handful of those as definite or most probable losses including USC, Oregon, California, and Oklahoma.  It's always possible we could get an upset in one of those games, but it's extremely doubtful

Of the remaining 8 games, there's one most probable win--San Jose State

The 7 other games are Fresno State(in Seattle), Arizona (Tucson where we won last year), UCLA(in Seattle), Oregon State(in Seattle), ASU (in Seattle for the first time in a long, long time), Stanford (in Seattle), and the Cougars (in Pullman).  We beat Arizona this past year and had competitive games against UCLA, Oregon State, ASU, and the Cougars.  In my non-expert opinion all 7 of these games are games that could possibly be won--granted there is little or no room for error.     But there is not one team here that just completely dominated the Huskies.  The ASU game was close until there were 5 minutes left in the game.

I don't know that we can win 5 of these games, but we could and should win 3 or 4 of them, leaving us with a 4-8 or 5-7 season mark.  Not good, but still another step towards respectability.

And if the Huskies get on a roll early, who knows but what with a little motivation and coaching they may just well win 5 or 6 of the toss up games and qualify for a bowl game.

Speaking of overachieving huskies, I am heading to Fairbanks today for the start of the Yukon Quest.  I am a volunteer dog handler (just a gopher) for Kelley Griffin a Wasilla-based musher.  The Quest starts tomorrow. They travel 1,000+ miles to Whitehorse, Y.T., Canada.

Also will see the Nanooks tonight at home in the Carlson against visiting Bowling Green

Gregory Fisher
Anchorage, Alaska