[Rosebowl] Erickson

Patrick Thrapp patrick.thrapp at gte.net
Fri Feb 10 11:24:39 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fisher"
To: "Husky Football"
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 5:46 AM
Subject: Re: [Rosebowl] Erickson

> Shane's departure really had an adverse snowball effect.  It caused us to
> burn a redshirt for Marques Tuisasosopo (sp.?) and throw him into the
> Nebraska game in 1997.  If he had redshirted that year, we could have had
> him in theory through the 2001 season.

Another note about that 97 Nebraska game.  Dick Baird had arranged for 4 top
QB recruits to be there that day.  Jared Jones - Walla Walla, Taylor
Barton - Oregon area, Luke Huard - Puyallup, & Jerremy Stevens - Oly area.
Baird once quipped on KJR that Tui's performance made it much harder to
persuade those guys into coming to the UW.

b4 the game Washington had only 1 'known' QB.  After the game UW had 2
'known' QBs.