[Rosebowl] Jake Heaps II--benched in Provo?

John Walsh jmwalsh4633 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 2 05:30:25 PDT 2011

It is exactly why I don't get too excited about recruiting generally,  and view
all the hype surrounding it with a liberal amount of salt.
Who knows what factors are involved in the development of a player,  and the
relative importance of raw talent vs coaching.
The TV announcers  made a big deal of Cort Dennison not being offered a
scholarship by Utah.   Presumably that is why the coaches are paid the big
bucks.

Generally I am very pleased with the direction the program is heading now,  and
the amount of young talent we seem to be developing.  We are not yet where we
need to be, of course, but the trend direction is good