1st Annual Aleutian Goose Festival (http://www.delnorte.org/soar)

Ruth Sullivan godwit at worldnet.att.net
Sun Feb 7 21:15:05 PST 1999

Hello Jon,
This is a verry interesting queston. Because we had this species of the
"Aluetian"Canada Goose in
Ocean Shores Grays Harbor CO.on October 27nd 1996.With all so much birding
Patrick and i doing this is the only Sighting of this species we ever
encounter.I well photgraphed this bird and it was published in WOS NEWS 48.
I am glad to read more about this species from Scott Richardson's report
about this particular "Aluetian" Canada Goose.
I am so glad i take Photos when it needed to be done.On the Tahoma
Christmas birdcount there was 9
Greater White-fronted Goose reported. I realy din't want to go looking
for this Birds. We found this 9 Goose last Sunday. When i saw this Goose i
know i never saw THIS kind of Greater White -fronted Goose before There
seem much smaler with more white around the bill verry dark with an extreme
black bib around the belly. I this got the photos back, and can almost
think that this Goose are the Greenland Species.My first thoughts was
right when i saw this birds,something different about this Greater
White-fronted Goose in appearance.
Ruth Sullivan

> From: Jon. Anderson and Marty Chaney <festuca at olywa.net>

> To: 'obol at mail.orst.edu'; 'tweeters at u.washington.edu'

> Subject: FW: 1st Annual Aleutian Goose Festival

> Date: Saturday, February 06, 1999 1:16 PM

> Hi folks,

> Got the following post regarding a birding and bird-related get-

> together down in the Humboldt country. Thought that folks on

> the list might be interesteed. Please excuse the cross-posting.

> I've seen this subspecies along the Oregon Coast and in the

> Willamette Valley. Are there sightings along the Washington/BC

> Coast or Sound/Straits?

> Jon. Anderson

> Olympia, Washington

> festuca at olywa.net

around 800 birds they were listed by the Endangered