Birding in Cariboo?

Andre Virly and Patricia Perrine Virly dancemtn at
Thu Feb 18 21:53:03 PST 1999

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to the discussion group and hope that someone in cyberspace
will be able to help me out with this query. I'm a psychotherapist in
Seattle who loves wilderness and is also an amateur naturalist.

Several years ago I discovered (and fell in love with) the Cariboo district
north of Vancouver. This spring I'd like to go up there and do some CD
quality audio recording of natural environments/bird sounds.

My question to the group is this: Does anyone out there know when the peak
spring migration of Sandhill Cranes, Brown Pelicans and other waterfowl
occurs in the area around Clinton, Alkali Lake and 100 Mile House?

Andre Virly
Dancing Mountain Therapy Associates
dancemtn at