RFI: March & Mt. Quail in Kitsap Co.

Lois Schultz lois at duke.edu
Thu Mar 4 08:47:46 PST 1999

Hello Tweeters,
I am planning to visit my parents in Olympia Mar. 12-17 and hope to be
able to do a little birding in between visits to relatives.  Since Mt.
Quail seems to still be a mythical species for me, I wondered if anyone
knows whether the birds near the Kitsap Co. airport (Port Orchard) will
be active in mid-March?  I have directions already, but have not been
able to get there early in the morning.  Perhaps this time I can get
there.

Some time ago there was a yellow-billed loon reported from Olympia.  Was
this ever confirmed? and, is it still around?

Thanks very much,
Lois

Lois Schultz
lois at acpub.duke.edu