Eurasian Green Wing Teals at Black River Forest!!!!!!

Lydia lgaebe at email.msn.com
Tue Jan 18 05:18:15 PST 2000

Jo,

The EURASIAN GREEN WING TEAL does not have the vertical white strip at the
back of the breast like the American.  The Eurasian has the white stripe
horizontally on the back above the wing.  The Eurasian has white
highlighting around the green and red parts on its head.

My Petersen's book says their is also an ALEUTIAN Green Wing Teal and the
EURASIAN is very similar.  Can our resident experts elaborate a bit more?
And another question for our resident experts.  Which is more commonly seen
around here, the EURASIAN WIGEON or the EURASIAN GREEN WING TEAL?

Lydia In Kent