More Spring Arrivals

Nightwings406 at aol.com Nightwings406 at aol.com
Mon Mar 13 08:13:28 PST 2000

Did our usual check of the Swauk Prairie area (Cle Elum) Saturday and saw our
first pair of WESTERN BLUEBIRDS for the year, next came a beautiful
ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK, then appx 50 EVENING GROSBEAKS flying from some pine trees
into a field and back feeding.  Also, there were the usual HORNED LARKS and
hundreds of ROBINS.  On Sunday, we stopped to watch the bluebirds this time
one was flying in and out of one of the nestboxes along the road.  While
watching them we heard numerous birds in trees near a field next to us.  In
the group were RED CROSSBILLS, HOUSE FINCHES, CASSIN FINCH (1 PR), TOWHEE,
RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH, AND A FLICKER.  The Horned Larks were still singing
from the tops of fence posts.

(*v*)Donna Ferrill
nightwings406 at aol.com
Mukilteo/Cle Elum, WA