SEAWATCH: Peter Iredale 11/05/2000

Mike Patterson celata at
Sun Nov 5 15:10:52 PST 2000

Count for
the Peter Iredale Overlook, Ft Stevens, Clatsop Co., OR
05 November 0820-0850hr

Tide:out going
Weather: cloudy with showers
Wind W 5-10; Temp 45F

Method: 30 min count from Peter Iredale overlook at Ft Stevens St Pk
4km SE SJCR using 20x60 Bushnell spotting scope and 8x50 Bushnell
binoculars. Birds were sorted as to flyby, sitting on beach, or sitting
on ocean.

Fly Ocean Beach total
Common Loon COLO 1 1
Pacific Loon PALO 150 2 152
RT Loon RTLO 2 1 3
Brandt's Cormorant BRCO 1 1
Brown Pelican BRPE 3 3
Green-winged Teal GWTE 18 18
Surf Scoter SUSC 32 12 44
White-wing Scoter WWSC 22 2 24
Black Scoter BLSC 1 1
West Gull WEGU 5 2 7
GW Gull GWGU 1 1
WxGW Gull WExGW 1 1
Herring Gull HERG 3 3
Ring-billed Gull RBGU 1 1
Heermann's Gull HEEG 1 1
Black-legged Kittiwake BLKI 1 1
Common Murre COMU 2 2
Bald Eagle.. BAEA 1 1
Am Crow AMCR 22 22

Notes: I moved to the winter alternative site at the upper parking
lot Peter Iredale.where I can scope, if necessary, from the relative
comfort of my vehicle. PACIFIC LOONS were moving north (yes, north)
at 3-15/minute. A single HEERMANN'S GULL was going south.

Mike Patterson Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo,
Astoria, OR it is not enough to be persecuted
celata at by an unkind establishment,
you must also be right.
---Robert Park