Snowy Owl Beyond Nisqually Gate

Lynn & Carol Schulz linusq at worldnet.att.net
Thu Nov 16 07:32:39 PST 2000

Hi Tweeters:
A Snowy Owl was reported out close to the tideflats at Nisqually NWLR.  It
was seen by a refuge volunteer who has access to the closed area, out beyond
the gate which is closed to the public during hunting season.  His sighting
was a few days ago.  Yesterday, during our Nisqually Fieldtrip, I read about
the owl in the bird sightings notebook at the visitor's center.
We had a great day in the open-to-the-public section of the refuge
yesterday.  I hope to post a report to Tweeters today.  We saw two
Rough-legged Hawks.
Yours, Carol Schulz
DesMoines
linusq at worldnet.att.net