Aggressive crows

Toni Hawryluk tonihawr at
Mon Oct 2 17:26:22 PDT 2000

>I saw what I assume is the same gang of crows harassing one of my harriers

>later in the day. They would NOT leave her alone. THere were about twelve

>crows and they took turns driving her higher and higher into the sky. She

>fled with them right on her tail, attacking her individually.

>Is anyone else seeing overly aggressive crows? I wonder if this bunch isn't

>gang that's looking for new turf now that the Hawk's Prairie Landfill has

>been closed to them.

>Why would they attack a human??

Why not ? and I'm not being funny. I've wondered for a long time
why animals/birds don't attack humans - especially humans who are
not carrying recognizable weapons. Animals/birds are not stupid -
and they do recognize firearms .....

I'm also reading/hearing that there are more and more vicious types
of attacks on humans by young and younger people, many of them fatal
for the victims.

And I believe the answer was in the book "The Naked Ape" by
Desmond Morris.

Toni Hawryluk
tonihawr at