Interesting Flicker behavior

Kelly Cassidy lostriver at completebbs.com
Tue Oct 3 08:26:21 PDT 2000

Yesterday, the same day you saw the flickers displaying, I heard a commotion
and went out to find a couple of Downy Woodpeckers engaged in an aggressive
or courtship display. Here in Pullman, I wouldn't expect them to be
settling down to next this time of year. Squabbling over winter
territories? Youngsters getting old enough to stake out a plot?

Kelly Cassidy
Pullman WA
lostriver at completebbs.com