Tropical Kingbird

Ruth Sullivan godwit at worldnet.att.net
Wed Oct 25 20:43:13 PDT 2000

Hello Brian and Tweeters,
It was one of this unbelievable day of birding on last Saturday.We started
out so late and sofar going to Ocean Shores we realy din't see that
much.Comming from Bowerman,whe both agreed
" We this need one top bird "to make it ok (we was trying to find a Sharp-
tailed Sandpiper)
Checking out the usual place where we always find the Palm Warblers.I heared
Patrick saying go get you camera i got a 'TROPICAL KINGBIRD".This is the
right time where there been sighted before in Washington ,but not every
year.We had this bird first close to the Hotel also close to the Retirment
home.He also flew real high in to the fir trees almost hidden.I stayed with
this bird as Patrick persuet to bird all Damon Point almost for three
hoursThe Sun was out and the Lemon Yellow on the chest was so bright to the
contrast from the darker gray head ,he realy looked to bright for our area
here in the North West.I got all my photos back and there are fantastic
good,taken photos from the sides and also from the front.At one time i was
thinking i also had two birds,but not together.The other bird was flying
around the hotel and sitting on telephone wires and the one i was so close
to was close to the marina sitting always on top of the smal fir trees.I did
take some photos on the bird on the telephone wire,but not so close which i
did not get back yet,this bird you could not approach real close.So i
believe that original there was two Tropical Kingbirds even so i did not saw
them together.

Ruth Sullivan
Tacoma
godwit at worlnet.att.net