More Clark's Nutcrackers

Robert Sundstrom ixoreus at home.com
Tue Sep 19 16:59:57 PDT 2000

Tweeters,

Now that Nutcrackers are in the news, perhaps its not too late to add this
note. While leading a group of birders in the Okanogan highlands on the
U.S. side over Aug. 25-27 this summer, we also encountered large numbers of
these noteworthy cone chasers. Near Havillah, we watched a steady stream
totaling perhaps two hundred pass over in a couple of minutes, and
encountered others commonly over the next two days. In the same area in
early June, I saw relatively few, with the greatest concentration in Loomis.

Bob Sundstrom
Seattle, WA
mailto:ixoreus at home.com