W. Scrub Jay in Bellevue

Grace&Ed Kane kane3d2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 19 20:18:49 PDT 2001

This morning, shortly before 11:00 a.m., I watched a Western Scrub Jay in
the open meadow area directly adjacent to and north of the DOT building in
south Bellevue along 118th avenue.  He moved about the shrubs and a leafless
maple tree for a few minutes before heading for the cottonwoods along the
road.  This is my first sighting north of Aberdeen.  I remember hearing that
they were in the Olympia area last summer?  I don't remember ever hearing of
them on the east side of Lake Washington.

Ed & Grace Kane
kane3d2001 at yahoo.com