Yellow-throated Warbler still in Twisp

Rachel Lawson RachelLawson at softhome.net
Fri Dec 28 19:42:40 PST 2001

Today I drove out to Twisp and found the YELLOW-THROATED WARBLER.  It
appeared for about 5 minutes at 11:45 and again at 12:15 at the Burgar Rd.
location, feeding on suet, apples and apple juice.  I stopped twice at the
trailer park location and didn't see the warbler there, but there was at
least one COMMON REDPOLL in the big, flighty flock of finches.  So, let's
see, that's a 13-hour trip in the snow over two mountain passes to get 10
minutes' look at the target bird....  Hey, is birding fun, or what?!

I made a detour on the way home and saw 30 Gray Partridge at the Ellensburg
Airport.

Rachel Lawson
RachelLawson at softhome.net
Seattle