White Salmon/Bingen

RochWarrBB at aol.com RochWarrBB at aol.com
Wed Feb 21 06:12:15 PST 2001

Birded the above area on Sunday, Feb 18th with Jan and Steve Watson, Mary
Klein and had the following:
*At the Bingen Pond:  Sage Sparrow, Say's Phoebe, Lesser Goldfinch,
Yellow-Rumped Warbler, Western Meadowlark among others.  We did not see the
Tufted Duck but heard it was in the area earlier.
*On the corner of Garfield and Lincoln:  A brief glimpse of the Blue Jay and
great looks of the Anna'a Hummingbird, Varied Thrush.
*Balch RD area:  Acorn Woodpecker (Thanks to Bob Hansen, who took us to his
private property, we had great looks at a different angle to the snag
frequented by the Woodpeckers), 30+ Wood Ducks at Balch Lake, numerous Lewis'
Woodpeckers, Downy Woodpecker

Larry Heinz
Rochester, WA
(rochwarrbb at aol.com)