Hummingbirds and Baby Owl Fuzz

Vicki Biltz Sawwhet85B at netscape.net
Sun Jul 1 20:28:15 PDT 2001

Lydia, My thinking and experience tells me they were probably checking out the owls as a potential threat. Several years ago when Fay McAdams, Diane Yorgeson-Quinn and I were watching the barred owl babies, chickadees flew over and checked them out. Later I saw several others including hummers do this. Barred owls love to eat other birds, and they were possibly wondering if there could be a problem. Of course they flew off and didn't harass the owlets at that time. Perhaps they lived to regret it!!!!

--
Vicki Biltz  Bonney Lake Wa. 98390
I know not yet what I shall sing;
email to sawwhet85b at netscape.net