White-tailed Kites

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Tue Jul 10 21:23:48 PDT 2001

White-tailed Kites have been breeding along the Chinook Valley,
Pacific Co. for at least 10 years (possibly up to 20 years if one
chooses to believe the owner of the pony farm at the east end).

Kites have also been reported regularly since about 1990 near
Julia Butler Hanson and Puget Island, Wahkiakum Co. and are presumed
to breed there.

--
Mike Patterson               Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo,
Astoria, OR                  it is not enough to be persecuted