BANDING REPORT: Neawanna Wetlands - 6/9/2001

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Sat Jun 9 16:20:48 PDT 2001

BANDING REPORT- Neawanna Wetland Preserve

Method: Up to eight 9m mist nets are placed in mixed Oregon
Crabapple/Twinberry/Spruce along the the upper Neawanna River,
Seaside, Clatsop Co. OR.  Captured birds are measured, ringed
with USBBL numbered metal bands and released.  Data on time of
capture and side of net captured are also recorded to gain
an understanding of movements through the area.

2000                  	0609
Neawanna              	170
Hours                 	3.5
Nets                  	8
Net*hours             	28

 Wilson's Warbler             WIWA	1
 Swainson's Thrush            SWTH	3
 Cedar Waxwing                CEDW	7
 Song Sparrow                 SOSP	3

Recaptures
 Swainson's Thrush            SWTH	1	5/27/2001
 Cedar Waxwing                CEDW	1	6/3/2001
 Song Sparrow                 SOSP	2	3/21/2000
                                  	 	6/3/2001

new captures                      	14
total captures                    	18
diversity                         	4
birds/(net*hour)                  	0.6
diversity/(net*hour)              	0.1

Notes: A male WILSON'S WARBLER, missing its right leg at the
tibio-tarsal joint (and completely healed over), was captured
this morning.  It was released without a band as we figured
we'd recognize it if captured again.  3 of the 4 SONG SPARROWS
captured today were hatch-year birds (one a recaptured HY from
last week).

Further information on the Neawanna Wetland Project is
available at:
http://home.pacifier.com/~neawanna/observatory/observatory.html

--
Mike Patterson               Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo,
Astoria, OR                  it is not enough to be persecuted