No subject

Jack Kintner kintner at nas.com
Wed Jun 20 20:39:38 PDT 2001

I must agree with the earlier thread re feeders, and how the quality of
suet makes a difference with Starlings.  I switched to the high-priced
spread (rectangular plastic containers one puts into "tail feeders") at the
White Rock Wild Birds Unlimited store and since then the Starlings who
nested for a time in the neighbor's Arbor vitae and who escaped my pellet
gun have not been back, but the neighborhood pair of Pileated woodpeckers
is stopping by every evening or so.  We have a number of large woodlots of
mixed deciduous and mature fir/cedar close by, along the border, and
consequently have a lot of nesting near by.