Tsunami Watch

Mike Patterson celata at pacifier.com
Sat Jun 23 17:17:28 PDT 2001

The tsunami network says this is an advisory not a warning
which means they don't expect much.

Alan Contreras wrote:
> As of 4:00 p.m. Saturday there is a tsunami watch for the Oregon coast and
> perhaps northern California, with an ETA of 3 a.m. Sunday at Charleston,
> owing to an earthquake off Peru - I think the radio said magnitude 8, a
> whopper.
> If you're planning to sleep at Bullard's Beach tonight, maybe better not.
> Alan Contreras * Eugene, Oregon
> home e-mail: acontrer at pond.net

Mike Patterson               Alas, to wear the mantle of Galileo,
Astoria, OR                  it is not enough to be persecuted
celata at pacifier.com            by an unkind establishment,
                             you must also be right.
                                                     ---Robert Park