Julia Hansen Butler NWR

Gerald Hamilton gerald at e-z.net
Sat Mar 17 16:32:17 PST 2001

........................The Center Road, through the middle of the refuge, can
be hiked from May to Oct., and.......with its fields and wetlands, provides
some excellent viewing of raptors and perching birds and songbirds.
........................Cool ocean breezes come down the Columbia River in the
summer, and make this an *excellent* place for viewing wildlife and enjoying
peace and solitude------ real scenic treasure........one of several scenic
areas I treasure between Long Beach and Longview, Wash. along Hwy. 4 (Naselle
River; Deep River, and the dike road area just west of Longview---all good for
birding(especially in winter and spring)

.............Gerald Hamilton
             gerald at e-z.net
            Brush Prairie, Wash.