Westport Seabirds Pelagic Trips 2002

Ryan Shaw rtshaw80 at home.com
Thu Nov 1 07:52:07 PST 2001

Greetings All-

Westport Seabirds has released its 2002 year schedule of pelagics off
Westport, Washington State.
2001 was a great year offshore with some great rarities such as Washington’s
3rd modern record of SHORT-TAILED ALBATROSS on 1/27/01, and 2nd state record
of WILSON’S STORM-PETREL on 9/6/01.   It was a banner year for SOUTH POLAR
SKUAS as well, with a high count of 21 being seen on 9/22/01.  For more
information on numbers and of species seen throughout the year visit:

http://www.westportseabirds.com/2001.html

See www.westportseabirds.com for next years schedule and how to sign up.
The first trip will be January 19th.  Our last two January trips have been
very productive with 3 Albatross species days occurring in 2000 with 6
LAYSANS and a SHY ALBATROSS with the more expected BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS.
And in 2001 with 7 LAYSANS and a SHORT-TAILED ALBATROSS with a lone
BLACK-FOOTED ALBATROSS.  Other birds that should be seen are Short-tailed
Shearwater, Black-legged Kittiwakes, Cassin's Auklets, and Ancient Murrelet.

Past 4 years of trip results have been posted thus far:

http://www.westportseabirds.com/past.html

Also included on the website are numerous (yet still adding more)
photographs of both pelagic birds, and cetaceans.

Any problems/questions about the website, please let me know!

Cheers and good birding
Ryan Shaw – spotter/webmaster Westport Seabirds
Lacey, WA
Rtshaw80 at home.com