WOS Birdbox 10/31/01

cametobe at home.com cametobe at home.com
Wed Oct 31 20:31:39 PST 2001

The Washington BirdBox is a voice mailbox sponsored by the Washington
Ornithological Society. To leave a message about a notable sighting, or to
listen to the messages from the last seven days, call (206) 281-9172 and
follow the prompts.

Rachel Lawson is system administrator. She can be reached at
rachellawson at qwest.net.

Please address any corrections (such as errors in place names or observers) to the transcriber, Rebecca Galloway, cametobe at home.com, 206-525-9102.

10/29 6:35 am.  Steven Mlodinow.  Bill Tweit, Kevin Aanerud, Ryan Shaw and I birded around Ocean Shores and nearby areas.  The highlight was a TROPICAL KINGBIRD on Marine View Drive near Muskrat and Mink.  The bird was first found between Muskrat and Mink on the south side of Marine View Drive in the willows.  It was later found on the north side of Marine View Drive near Muskrat, along one of the canals there.  So it’s been present most of the day.  Other highlights included 2 SNOW BUNTINGS first thing in the morning flying over the base of the jetty.  There were also a couple ROCK SANDPIPERS there.  At Brady we had a WHITE TAILED KITE. And that’s about it.  Good luck and good birding.