Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at
Sun Feb 10 16:17:13 PST 2002

Greetings Tweeters!

Well, I came up with a goose egg today on my one-man
quest for the Raymond Emperor Goose, but not for lack
of trying.  I was up and out of Kitsap County by 5:30
AM and pulled into Raymond at sunrise. (That's 7:20
for those of you who slept in)  I searched the flats
west of town on SR 105 for about an hour and a half,
then decided to try my luck at Tokeland.  Returned to
Raymond for another hour, then hit Brady Loop on the
way home.  Weather was great until a mist turned into
a shower at Brady around 12:30.
On the up side, you never come home empty-handed from
a birding trip.  I spotted 40 species (all the usual
suspects) and had a couple of highlights.  One was
watching 15 or so determined Crows trying to drive off
an equally determined immature Bald Eagle.  10 minutes
of impressive aerial actobatics.  At Brady I was
impressed to see 11 Tundra Swans, and 5! Eurasian
Wigeons all standing together in a group!  I've never
seen that many together before.  The Wigeons, I mean,
not the Swans. The Godwits are still at Tokeland in
Thanks to Patrick, Eric and Bruce for the directions.
That's it for now,

Good birding'

Rolan Nelson
Burley, WA