TIDEWATER ROCK WREN RECORDS

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Wed Feb 6 22:19:50 PST 2002

On Tue, 05 Feb 2002 23:05:50 -0800 "Wayne C. Weber" <contopus at shaw.ca>
writes in part:

> Tweeters,

> In short-- ROCK WREN sightings are very rare in western Washington

> and southwestern BC, but they can pop up almost anywhere, and when they

> do, are likely to be in rocks or beach logs along a shoreline.

> Wayne C. Weber

> Kamloops and Delta, BC

> contopus at shaw.ca

I have three Western Washington ROCK WREN records, two from Clark
County. The first was from Silver Star Mountain on July 23, 1999 of a
bird carrying food to nestlings in a rock formation. The second Clark
County sighting was on September 12, 1999 on a pile of gravel at a home
being constructed above the Steigerwald Lake Refuge near Washougal.
The third sighting was on a pelagic trip out of Westport that I have
located the notes yet to put into my computer.

Wilson Cady
gorgebirds at juno.com